[two_third valign=”middle” animation=”none”]
Trico Bond Epoxy Coated Tanks
[one_third_last valign=”middle” animation=”none”]
[button linking=”default” align=”center” size=”big” style=”simple” type=”wide” link=”http://www.cstindustries.com/request/”]Inquiry[/button]
[carousel coin_nav=”standard” direction_nav=”standard” autoplay=”standard” timeout=”50000″]
CST’s epoxy coated bolted steel storage tanks have been applied to thousands of applications in more than 125 countries throughout the world.
CST’s utilizes premium epoxy coating technology that provides maximum corrosion resistance and long tank life.
CST’s OptiBond™ Epoxy Coating System is derived from years of in-field experience and performance data.
[tabs position=”top-center” style=”button” type=”click”]
Coatings are the first line of defense in protecting the integrity of your assets. CST Trico Bond bolted epoxy steel tanks using the OptiBond™ coating process delivers outstanding performance and is the industry standard for epoxy durability, is corrosion resistance, and resists UV breakdown and abrasion. As the world’s leader in factory coated tanks, CST understands that the process by which a coating is applied is as important as the coating itself.
Tight manufacturing tolerances and numerous process controls are in place to ensure that the preparation of the steel, application of the Trico Bond coating and the curing of the coated material is unmatched. While other companies make claims about how proprietary the name of their epoxy product is, CST continues to invest in the OptiBond process to ensure it delivers superior performance and long-lasting results when applying CST Trico Bond coatings.
With more than 128 years of experience and over 250,000 field-tested applications around the world, no other manufacturer comes close to our level of knowledge of how to apply epoxy coatings and how they endure in some of the harshest environments. CST is proud to have our potential customers visit our ISO 9001:2015 Certified manufacturing facilities and see first-hand why CST’s coating processes are in a class of their own.
Benefits of Factory-Applied Coatings
CST applies all coatings in an ISO 9001:2015 Certified facility, under controlled environmental conditions using its proprietary OptiBond coating process to deliver the finest epoxy coating available in the storage tank industry. This eliminates weather factors that occur when applying coatings in the field after constructing a tank. There is no waiting for the weather to be within specific conditions in order to apply the coatings. Each step in the OptiBond coating process is carefully monitored so that inconsistencies in the coating can be detected in the earliest possible stage of the process. Completion of the tank can be performed in as much as 1/3 the time as alternative materials and methods. On-site delays due to weather are eliminated, and service can start earlier and return on investment begins sooner.
[list type=”icon” style=”none” icon=”angle-right” icon_color=”#004a8d”]
- Eliminates the weather factors incurred when applying a coating in the field after constructing a welded tank. With factory-applied coatings, there is no waiting for the weather to be within specific parameters in order to apply the coatings and trust in the environmental conditions to properly cure the coating.
- Each step in our factory-applied coating process can be carefully monitored so that inconsistencies in the coating can be detected in the earliest possible stage of the process prior to tank construction fully applying the coating
- Completion of the tank can be performed in as much as 1/3 the time as alternative materials and methods. On-site delays due to weather are greatly eliminated, service can commence earlier and ROI begins sooner.
The CST OptiBond Coating System
CST Industries utilizes proprietary coating technology that provides maximum corrosion resistance and long tank life. Our experience has led to continuous technology and process improvements. The result is the finest epoxy coating available in the liquid tank industry. The OptiBond coating system is derived from years of in-field experience and performance data.
The OptiBond Coating Process:
[list type=”icon” style=”none” icon=”angle-right” icon_color=”#004a8d”]
- Step 1 – Degrease and Rinse: A combination of rinse solution and hot air is used to clean and preheat the substrate to optimal coating temperature.
- Step 2 – Blasting and Profiling: Engineered grit material is used to blast the substrate and create an ideal 3-D surface profile for coatings application and adhesion.
- Step 3 – Powder Coating Application: A Valspar powder coating is applied in the proprietary Trico Bond electrostatic booth. Exact controls ensure optimal coatings application.
- Step 4 – Forced Cure: Parts are cured at a controlled temperature to maximize the crosslink bond of the epoxy powder coatings.
- Step 5 – Quality Control Check: Parts are checked using high voltage detectors to identify and correct any holidays, inclusion or thin areas.
- Step 6 – Top Coat Application: Uniquely engineered polyurethane topcoat is applied to increase UV protection on exterior surfaces to extended durability and longevity.
- Step 7 – Final Cure: Top coated panels pass through a final oven to cure, yielding an exceptionally durable finished product.
- Step 8 – Final Quality Control: Trained service professionals test panels for final Dry Film Thickness to ensure consistent coverage and protection on all panels.
CST provides flat panel, jack-built tanks, chime panel (CP) scaffold built tanks and factory welded tank designs, all capable of safely and economically being installed on every diverse site imaginable.
CST’s TecTank™ storage systems are used to store a variety of liquid products including food, chemicals, mining fluids and slurries, pharmaceuticals and process fluids.
Water and Wastewater
When durable, economical above ground tank solutions are needed, CST TecTank storage systems are available with numerous water and wastewater process supplier’s products to deliver reliable and long-lasting liquid storage.
With over 40,000 fire protection tanks manufactured, CST has proven experience in designing solutions that exceed NFPA 22, FM and USACOA requirements.
CST’s roots are in the petrochemical industry manufacturing API monogrammed tanks. CST offers TecTank storage solutions for the frac process to oil storage and much more.
CST provides multiple liquid and dry storage tank designs from make-up water to fly ash and coal storage, CST can meet all your power generation tank needs.
Each application is unique, and each set of specifications is different. That is why CST has a team of material science engineers to help provide solutions to your unique application needs.
[section background_repeat=”repeat” background_position=”center top” background_attachment=”static” background_scroll=”none”]
Dry Bulk & Liquid Storage Tanks
Aluminum Domes, Reservoir & Flat Covers
[custom_posts template=”one_third_gallery” effect=”none” hide=”date,author,comments_link,categories,tags,button_1″ entry_ids=”8870,8804,8890,8903,8879,8871″]